Saturday, April 28, 2012

Before and After - Thirteen

I only noticed this shot by chance as I turned around, reversing my course, as I walked through the town of Woodstock, Vermont. For a split second I noticed the church steeple perfectly framed underneath a maple tree branch and quickly snapped a shot.  


Once I saw this photo on my computer I decided to play around with it using a few textures.  It had been a while since I have done that, so I went ahead and dug out my old texture folder that I have and laid out a couple different ones over the photo.  With some tweaking here and there I wanted to give the photo a subtle older look, like so...


I like it with the textures.  It adds more character and drama.  The only thing I wish I thought about was erasing some of the texture over the church steeple, but in a way leaving it there adds to the wholeness of the aged feeling. 

Man, it feels good to spend some time being creative with my photo editing!  Its been a while...


1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic! Heading out with my camera today!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments! If you have a question please ask away and I will certainly reply.