Saturday, May 28, 2011

Before and After -Nine

Sometimes I forget to get down in the dirt and get close to plants.  I had to stop myself short as I hiked down a trial, to take this photo of a clump of dandelions already gone to seed...


With a wide open aperture and focus priority on the second dandelion I really liked this photo and new that I could have a lot of fun playing with it using textures!  After a few minutes torking around some new textures I downloaded from Shadowhouse Creations I came up with the result below...


Simple, light, and flowery, a fun little project that took a few minutes.  While this photo is just a few simple dandelions it is still the perfect to play around with... even if I didn't have my macro lens or a nice wind to whisk away some of the seeds for a more dynamic shot.   Always remember to focus on the positives.

4 comments:

  1. Who knew dandilions could be so pretty. I'm just wondering how you were able to lay down to take it! :) I know my baby belly would not let me do such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have to lay down! I definitely couldn't have... fortunately these were growing on a steep hill and I was just standing 2-3 feet below them and able to bend over a little to get this shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with that texture. Nice border look.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments! If you have a question please ask away and I will certainly reply.