Friday, July 23, 2010

Photo of the Day - Thirty



This photo of lightning means a lot to me.  It means a successful seven hour day of storm chasing.  It represents a two year effort to stalk storms in search of an incredible lightning shot.  And it is a snapshot of an incredible moment where I was teetering on the edge of too close and down right dangerous.  You can see all these emotions if you look closely, especially at the horizon.  The entire horizon is blurry and that is because I was so excited when this bolt of lightning struck in front of my camera that I literally jumped up and down.  Naturally I hit my tripod and jarred my camera.  At least it didn't affect the main subject of the photo, the lightning bolt.

If you'd like to read about the entire adventure that took place this day please visit the Cabin Fever in Vermont blog.

Look for an upcoming post about photographing lighting!  (I'm no expert, but I will tell you how I've learned to do it!)

3 comments:

  1. This photo is amazing! I tried to get some photos that day down in MA, but didn't get anything good. Glad to see your long day of storm chasing paid off. :) [Got here via Shutter Sisters]

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific photo!...I look forward to reading about how about how you do it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments! If you have a question please ask away and I will certainly reply.