Here is the original
When I started editing this initially I thought I wanted something softer, which I did do, but I spent the most time and think I like thuis darker, more vibrant edit the best.
How I edited this photo:
- Increased the Gamma
- Increased the contrast
- Increased the levels towards the right
- Adjusted the curves
- Cropped the photo slightly
- Reduced the saturation
- Added a gray texture from Shadow House Creations and overlayed it at 100%
- Added a lighter texture from Shadow House Creations and color burned it at 50%
- Erased the textures from both faces
It was relatively simple. Much of the transformation was done by adding the textures! Of course I did a couple of other edits just to look at the photo in a different perspective.
The lighter, more whimsical, version I initially envision.
A cropped black and white version. I love the close crop of the faces, those eye lashes, and that hand so firmly on his collar. The dead space on the left is left to create a image of closeness between the man and woman, in case you were wondering.
So which one do you like? I always love hearing your feedback. And of course, be sure to check out I Heart Faces to see the challenge and all the other edits!