Every once and a while over at "I Heart Faces" they have a Fix-It Friday I adore and must participate in! This week was one of those weeks. The photo for the challenge is a darling little girl who I just want to sit right down and draw with. Here is the straight out of the camera photo...
I only chose to edit this photo one way rather than three or four different ways like I normally do because it was so perfect as it was I didn't need to edit it that much at all. Here is the finished result after a little tweaking.
See? It really is just a couple simple little edits!
- Upped the exposure slightly
- Adjusted the levels to the left slightly
- Changed the color balance so there were less blues and slightly more reds
- Dodged the eyes
- Burned the shadow and the top part of the photo
- Increased the contrast slightly and reduced the brightness a good bit
Be sure to check out other Friday-Fix-Its or try it yourself! Head on Over to "I Heart Faces"