Thursday, September 16, 2010

Photo of the Day - Forty Four

28mm    ISO 320     f/9     16 second exposure using a tripod and shutter release cord

I finally did it.  Well, I've gotten lightning photos before, but I never before have gotten them overlooking my home town.  Earlier I shared these photos on facebook so some of you have seen this series, but I still am very proud of capturing lightning like this!  Moments after snapping this photo the storm was far too close to photograph.  Lightning and thunder were right overhead and then I was poured on.  As the temperatures begin to grow cold I believe the storm season for 2010 has come to a close, but I am happy with my photographic results.  Now bring on the foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments! If you have a question please ask away and I will certainly reply.