Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photo of the Day - Eighteen


If you are friends with me on facebook or a fan of my photography on facebook then you may have seen this photo before (and if you are tired of it I apologize for all the repeats!)  But I do like this photo.  The only thing that could have made it more perfect is if I caught one of the  lightning strikes that were occasionally striking near the mountains on the right side of the photo.  Unfortunately that rain shaft you can see on the left side of the photo quickly approached and the situation was too dangerous for me to stand on top of a hill with a metal tripod, that could easily act as a lightning rod, in my hand.  I had to run to safety and it is a good thing I did.  Minutes later we were called for two people who were struck by lightning.  This is also the same storm that produced a F1 tornado 20 miles West of where I was.  That sort of thing is crazy in Vermont.

This photo was also used by the local news station WPTZ NBC Channel 5 in an article about the storm.  I am extremely proud even if I technically emailed them the photo and they used it for free.  At least they liked it enough to use it!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this photo! I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your art.

    Candace~♥

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments! If you have a question please ask away and I will certainly reply.